Tatami rush rug carpet “Shiranui” Made in Japan
A rare checkered Tatami rush rug carpet.
You can refresh your tatami room just by laying a Tatami rush rug carpet.
34.6 in(88cm)×69.3 in(176cm)
69.3 in(176cm)x69.3 in(176cm)
69.3 in(176cm)×102.8 in(261cm)
102.8 in(261cm)×102.8 in(261cm)
102.8 in(261cm)×138.6 in(352cm)
138.6 in(352cm) × 138.6 in(352cm)
Producing area: Made in Japan (pure domestic)
Material / Ingredients: Material: Rush tatami fabric (Yatsushiro, Kumamoto)
* Checkered outer part = polypropylene, polyethylene
The loom was remodeled with the manufacturer’s original technology to express the checkered pattern only with the original color and weave of the material.
We use domestically produced rush (produced in Yatsushiro, Kumamoto Prefecture, where rush grass is produced) with a length of 115 to 120 cm.
About 91 cm is used.
The outer part is usually strongly whitish. (It’s not a sunburn, it’s the color of the base and tip of the Rush tatami fabric.)
The checkered pattern is expressed by taking advantage of the different colors of the base and tip of this rush grass. (The checkered pattern can only be seen within the white area at the base. The center area is plain.)
The longer the rush grass, the higher the quality.
The tip of the Rush tatami fabric is reddish brown, the base is white, and the center is blue (green).
We use Rush tatami fabric from Japan (Yatsushiro, Kumamoto Prefecture).
Each Japanese rush grass is thick, the skin is thick, and the fibers are fine, so it is elastic and has excellent durability.
Rush tatami fabric has the characteristics of purifying air, adjusting humidity, and being hard to get dirty.
“Hiba Essence” extracted from Hiba tree in Aomori prefecture is processed on the surface of the fabric using the manufacturer’s original technology.
Hiba Essence contains hinokitiol, an ingredient with extremely high antibacterial properties as a natural substance.
(It has antibacterial and deodorant effects compared to unprocessed products.)
Both front and back can be used and it is economical.
* Because it is a natural material and each craftsman processes it by hand, the shape may vary and the display size may differ slightly.
Thank you for understanding.
◆ Precautions for use and care
● Depending on availability, it may take 5-7 business days to ship.
* Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
● Wipe lightly twice with a dry cloth or rag before use.
* Do not wipe with water as it may cause mold.
● If you spill water, it will not penetrate inside if you absorb the water early.
* Do not rub strongly, but wipe with a tissue.
● For normal maintenance, use a vacuum cleaner!
Clean to absorb the gap.
● If you dry it in the shade regularly and keep it well ventilated, you can prevent the growth of mold.
● Since it is a natural material and processed by hand by craftsmen, the shape and display size may differ slightly.